Top 10 Holiday Shopping Safety Tips from St. Moritz Security Services
The holiday season is upon us, and all of the hustle and bustle can sometimes lead to distraction. To ensure that you get your sleigh home safe and sound, here are the top 10 holiday shopping safety tips from the experts here at St. Moritz Security Services, Inc.
- Shop during daylight hours when possible. If you prefer shopping at night, do so with a friend, cohort, or family member.
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Refrain from carrying a purse or wallet. Each are targets of criminals in shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other forms of mass transit.
- Refrain from carrying large amounts of cash.
- Refrain from wearing expensive or flashy jewelry.
- Carry your Driver’s License or Identification Card along with necessary cash, checks, and/or applicable credit cards in a front pocket.
- Pay for purchases with a check or credit card when possible.
- Notify the credit card issuer or financial institution immediately if your credit card or bank card/checks are lost, stolen, or misused.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Teach children their full name, address and telephone number to give to police or security in the event of an emergency.